I have posted the reading order of Robot series and Galactic Empire Series already. I thought it is better to post the Isaac Asimov recommended reading order of all his creations for people who just want to know the title without any spoilers which will spoil the thrill of reading his novels. For anyone like me, who enjoys science fiction and fictional worlds, every one of these 15 books are worth reading. They seem to stand the test of time and do not seem outdated in any way. Here is the list of titles and the order in which you should consider reading Isaac Asimov’s Novels.
Isaac Asimov Recommended Reading Order
- The Complete Robot Year of Publication -1982 ISBN: B000J4ZHHS
This is a collection of thirty-one robot short stories published between 1940 and 1976 and includes every story in my earlier collection I, Robot (1950).
- Caves of Steel Year of Publication -1954 ISBN: B0018ZTQTM
This is the first Robot series novels.
- The Naked Sun Year of Publication -1957 ISBN: 0553293397
The second novel in Robot series.
- The Robots of Dawn Year of Publication -1983 ISBN: 0553299492
The third publication as part of Robot Series.
- Robots and Empire Year of Publication -1985 ISBN: 0586062009
Isaac Asimov’s Fourth and Final Robot series Novel.
- The Currents of Space Year of Publication -1952 ISBN: 0586062009
This is the first novel in Galactic Empire Series.
- The Stars, Like Dust Year of Publication -1951 ISBN: 0586062009
The second Galactic Empire novel.
- Pebble in the Sky Year of Publication -1950 ISBN: 0586062009
The third Galactic Empire novel but the first novel published in this series.
- Prelude to Foundation Year of Publication -1988 ISBN: 0553278398
This is the first Foundation series novel.
- Forward the Foundation Year of Publication -1993 ISBN: 0553565079
The is the second Foundation novel.
- Foundation Year of Publication -1951 ISBN: 0553382578
The is the third Foundation novel but most of the world knows this book as the first book of the “Foundation Trilogy”. Actually, it began as a collection of four short stories, originally published between 1942 and 1944, plus an introductory section written for the book in 1949.
- Foundation and Empire Year of Publication -1952 ISBN: 0553382586
This is the fourth novel in Foundation series, made from of two short stories, originally published in 1945.
- Second Foundation Year of Publication -1953 ISBN: 0553382594
This is the fifth Foundation novel, made from two short stories, originally published in 1948 and 1949.
- Foundation’s Edge Year of Publication -1982 ISBN: 0553293389
This is the sixth Foundation novel.
- Foundation and Earth Year of Publication -1986 ISBN: 0553587579
This is the seventh and the final novel in Foundation series.
I can assure that reading Isaac Asimov’s Novels is pure pleasure and nothing less. If you are not sure, try to read the first book. If there is a sci-fi personality inside you, it will make you stick.
Feel free to provide your comments.
Source : Asimov Online